I created this Music page in hopes that it will help visitors find the music I've recorded without having to wade through years of weblog entries. You should be able to reach it through the "music" link permanently anchored now at the top of all barnson.org pages. Enjoy!
Here you'll find links to all the songs on this site, along with their stories:
- Together Again For The First Time, in addition to containing links to high-quality MP3s of all the tunes from the first of three albums released by Wayward Sun, also contains some remeniscing and discussion from the band members.
- The Right Of Way was Wayward Sun's second effort. Many long weekends were spent in the upstairs spare bedroom of the Schuman home making this one happen. Unfortunately, time and use taken their toll on the source tapes; if I find cleaner copies, I'll be posting them here.
- One Man is a remake of a tune from The Right Of Way that is going on Matt's 2003/2004 album.
- Letter From My Lady I wrote for my wife, Christy while I was living in Los Angeles on a mission for the LDS Church.
- For Jenny, For Josh is a piano solo I've often thought of giving words, but for today the music must suffice.
- The Floogie was, erm, an experimental tune by Ben Schuman. And, before you ask, "no, nobody knows how to do the Floogie". This page also features a very, very early version of the Wayward Sun theme song, done while we were still learning the 6-track recorder.
- Ben Schuman posted three albums worth ofvintage Wayward Sun material, including an unreleased album, a whole live concert, and "No Further Questions" -- sans two stinker tunes few people liked :)
- Ben shipped us more vintage Wayward Sun; these are all live recordings in various venues from pre-college WS. Enjoy!
- Prayer is a tune I wrote at some point between 1992 and 1994. I'd discovered, even then, that a road to personal spirituality isn't paved with obedience to church authority, and had purchased a guitar in violation of mission rules so that I could write this song. As with most of the tunes on this page, it's a rough draft for my CD... whenever I get around to releasing it.
- The Void War Soundtrack was written by me for the video game "Void War" in the summer of 2004.
That's it for now. Please leave comments below on what you think of this collection of tunes.
As always, please remember that I do own (or share ownership in) the copyright on all these tunes. You're free to copy them, but if you put them anywhere else I require attribution to this web site. Thanks.