I have a lot of pet peeves. It's just the way I am. Usually, I don't let it get to me and just kind of grin and bear it, but tonight, I need to vent. Don't know why. Just feeling snippy.
My Biggest Pet Peeves (today):
- People who can see that I'm very busily involved in something, and think that whatever they want me to do is obviously far more important than whatever I'm doing.
- Web pages where they take the mouse focus away from you. If I type something in on the address bar, that cursor is supposed to STAY THERE, not move to some random search box on the page. I'm talking to YOU, AMAZON, MSN, DICTIONARY.COM and EBAY! Die! Die! Die! Vicious Mouse-Cursor-kidnappers of vile fame! When I click on a box on the page, my mouse cursor should stay where I clicked. You shouldn't randomly delete what I've typed and move my mouse to some other box on the page.
- Animals that run out in front of my car when I'm going way too fast to avoid them. I realize that, over the long term, this kind of behavior will be weeded out of the gene pool by evolution, but in the meantime I'm the one that's upset because some CUTE, FLUFFY WHITE KITTEN decided to LEAP OUT in FRONT OF ME when I'm driving seventy-five miles an hour. It's now the FLUFFY WHITE TUFTED CHUNKS OF CUTE KITTENY GOODNESS permanently glued to the inside of my wheel well. I have a pet cat. Dangit, cats, get some web access and read these blogs and stop jumping out in front of my car!
- Bottled water that says "A product of the Cincinnati municipal water system". DUDE! If I wanted to drink your FLAMING SEWER WATER, I'd have DRIVEN TO CINCINNATI and STUCK MY HEAD IN YOUR TOILET!
- Bunnies. Bunnies are evil. Anya was right. Neighbor bought some bunnies. Evil, evil, evil.
- How come when you buy a CASE OF ORANGES, a third of them are ROTTING by the time you GET THEM HOME? I bought a CASE of oranges, thank you very much, not two-thirds of a case of oranges and one-third of a case of DR. CITRUS' RANCID FRUIT SCENT.
- The feet on my laptop. I paid for SIX RUBBER FEET on this $1,600 laptop, and ONLY ONE IS LEFT. I'm typing on a laptop with only ONE RUBBER LEG. If I wanted to type while on a pogo stick, I'd have bought some of those ENLARGEMENT PILLS I keep reading about in my EMAIL.
- "Dell technical support; my name is Sennacharukharamasra, but you can call me Shirley. What may I be doing for you today?" You're name AIN'T SHIRLEY, SHIRLEY! You're working in an IT SWEATSHOP in INDIA for 4000 BUCKS A YEAR. Just cause the drink is yellow don't make it lemonade, Shirley!
- THE NEEDFUL.
- Rice cakes. WTF??? Who's BRILLIANT idea was this, to make a HALF-DOZEN GRAINS OF RICE EXPLODE and then press-form it into a HOCKEY PUCK?
- Lactose intolerance. What's up with this? I hit thirty, and suddenly I'm Dr. Barnson's FART-O-RAMA just because I drank 8 ounces of two-percent?
- Energy drinks. Most of them DON'T WORK. You chug down the equivalent of Lake Erie in a can, with the promise of BOUNDLESS ENERGY and ENTHUSIASM, and all you get in exchange is a lighter wallet and FORTY TRIPS TO THE BATHROOM. You're just as tired as before, and the only thing keeping you awake is the BOUNDLESS PRESSURE ON YOUR BLADDER.
- Mice. Damned mice. A whole storage room swept clean. Several traps out, laden with peanut butter. The critters manage to scale the equivalent of the EMPIRE STATE BUILDING to chew a hole in your OATMEAL and live like kings until they DIE OF OBESITY. The peanut butter is UNTOUCHED, and I open the door of my storage room to find a hundred pounds of oatmeal on the floor, with little baby obese mice erecting a STATUE in honor of their DEPARTED FATHER who OPENED THE BAG.
- Idiots at my flying field. What my PARKED CAR isn't an indicator that you shouldn't FLY CLOSE ENOUGH TO KNOCK MY CAP OFF? Isn't four thousand feet of runway room enough for you to HOT DOG? You've gotta spoil my fun and DRIVE ME OFF THE FIELD because you can't figure out how to fly your plane safely?
- Neighbors who want you to sign an agreement INDEMNIFYING THEM AGAINST POTENTIAL LAWSUITS before they'll let your KIDS PLAY TOGETHER. Dude!
I'm done. I'm not mad anymore, I made myself laugh. What are your pet peeves today?